Vehicle Accessory Fitter / Automotive Technician
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Vehicle Accessory Fitter/Automotive Trades Assistant with a passion for delivering high quality vehicle fitouts and delivering solid results in a fast moving and fulfilling industry. The role will operate on a full-time basis working five days a week (7AM-3:45PM Mon-Thur and 7AM-12PM Fri)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Fleet and Commercial van fitouts includes but is not limited to; van linings, van shelving, towbars, roof racks, electrical installations, barriers, seating etc
- This role includes and requires regular and frequent operation of CNC saw for panel cutting
- Other vehicle accessory fitments and modifications includes but is not limited to; hand controls, pedal modifications, wheelchair stowage, low floor conversions, wheelchair loaders, seating etc
- Adherence to procedures/standards when carrying out fitment to ensure quality standards and customer requirements are met.
- Commitment and adherence to all relevant WHS procedures.
- Assisting with workshop duties, such as workshop cleaning and maintenance of tools & equipment.
- Be responsible for or have the willingness to undertake any learning/education that is relevant to your existing role.
- Other tasks as directed by a member of the management team; this includes filling in for other members of the workshop team.
Skills and experience
- 1+ Years’ experience as an Auto Accessories fitter.
- Experience and passion with timber cabinetry – ability to use CNC machine reguarly for ply cutting
- Experience with metal fabrication
- Mechanically minded with an eye for detail
- Able to work within a team environment
- Great Communication Skills
- Good time management and excellent customer service skills required.
- A basic understanding of IT & systems.
- Working knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety and Welfare Regulations.
- Demonstrated appetite for problem solving and always focussing on solutions for customers
- A flexible/adaptable mindset. Prepared to change directions quickly
- Ability to work unsupervised, under pressure and meet deadlines
- Live by the ‘always close the loop’ mantra
If this opportunity has your name written all over it and you can see yourself excelling as a result of working within the dynamics of this culture, please apply today via this ad. Only successful applicants will be contacted. As part of the process, successful candidates may be required to complete a pre-employment medical and present a police clearance.
Recruitment, labour hire companies, overseas & previous applicants need not apply.
Should you have any questions, feel free to call Glenn on 0437 503 883
Why work at Auto Extras Group?
Friendly, dynamic & supportive workplace
Benefits and Perks
Competitive salary & bonus structures
Opportunities to develop skills and progress your career