Powered Turn Out Seat Carony 16
The Carony is a system that transforms the car seat into a wheelchair and allows for a vehicle transfer that eliminates any manual handling of the occupant. The Carony base docks into the swivel seat in the vehicle, and the entire seat easily slides from the car onto the wheelchair base.
The Carony 16 is the newest variant in the Carony with more enhanced focus on the wheelchair postural support system. The Carony 16 has a dedicated seating system compatible with Permobil standard wheelchair supports as well as the Body-point harness system. It includes fold-away built in handles with attendance brakes allowing for easier freedom of movement in the community for both the occupant and the carer.
This system is the alternative to modifying the vehicle for wheelchair access where the wheelchair occupant does not need a specialised wheelchair.
- Left or Right side applications
- Occupant remains in the seat when transferring in and out of the vehicle
- Can be used as a normal comfort wheelchair
- Wheelchair base can be adjusted in height manually
- Optional range of footrests to suit the occupant’s needs
- Fire Resistant seats
- Crash tested and approved to ISO 7176 and ISO 10542 and CE marked
- Frame Material: Metal
- Frame Colour: Grey
- Seat Colour: Black